Monday 6 February 2017

Black & Magenta Shetland Shawl - Design S122

I found another simple lace shawl pattern with a plain back and lace edging.  Whereas the last one, Design S207, is knitted in one piece and worked from the bottom up, this one has the lace worked and then you cast off all but one stitch and then pick up the stitches along the straight edge of the lace.  This means that the lace edge is knitted on sideways to the main body of the shawl.

I picked another skein of the Shetland wool from when I made three, each having a different coloured third ply.  This one is 86% Shetland wool, 14% Cotton.


I started this on 31st January and finished it on 6th February 2017.  I kept it simple and without beads.


It is really nice and soft too and looks so much better in real life than what it does in my photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment