Thursday 5 February 2015

Quilting Stitch Shawl - Design F310

I just had to make one of these fabulous eye-catching shawls.  Technically its not lace but there are eyelet lace stitches in the main body of the shawl and that is good enough for me.  Worked bottom up using two contrasting yarns and adding beads at the intersections of the quilt stitch section.  The yarn I used is Sirdar Denim Tweed Double Knitting in shades 501 (dark colour) and 623 (light colour), which is 60% acrylic, 25% cotton, 15% wool and I also used 312 size 6 glass beads in a rainbow raspberry colour.  I don't know what brand these beads are but they are not Toho.


I started knitting the ruffle at the bottom on 26th January and that was a boring laborious knit I can tell you.  It felt like it was never going to end as it took me two days just to knit that and a further 2 days to knit the two-colour beaded section.  Apologies for my ugly face being in the pictures, I took them late at night using the camera on my laptop.  The beaded quilted stitch section was quite puckered up/egg box looking during the knitting.

I finished knitting this on 3rd February, soaked and blocked it which really defined the beaded quilt stitch section.  I love the contrast in this design, so different to anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment