This was sheared on 26th May 2013, had not been skirted and had a good amount of surface VM. After I skirted it it weighs 1.35kg, photos were taken after skirting had taken place.
I separated the colours as best as I could into black/brown, white and a mixture of the colours. I washed and dried the colours separately, the water did go really really dark brown, and was left with 843g of clean fleece, a loss of 507g of dirt and grease, broken down as follows: 323g white, 263g black/brown and 257g mixed colour.
The White Fleece
I took 148g of white fleece and dyed it with ColourCraft All in One Dye shade Magenta. After I combed it I was left with 74g of lovely combed top, a yield of only 50%, but it was full of rubbish and VM and what I got out of it was very lovely.
The other 167g of white fleece was dyed using ColourCraft All in One Dye in shade Cyan and after combing I was left with 81g of lovely combed top. A yield of only 48.5% but again, what I got was very very nice.
When it came down to spinning, I decided to add a bit of sparkle so I got out my Angelina Fibre and spun my first single adding that in as I went along. The second single I left plain, without the Angelina. I then plied the two singles together to make a Sport Weight 2ply yarn weighing 82g/240m.
I then took the 257g of mixed colour fleece and combed it, blending the colours as equally as I could as I went. This gave me 120g of hand combed top, a yield of just 46.6%, which I spun 2ply into a lovely Sport Weight yarn which I have called Thunder Cloud and it is 120g/380m.
The Black Fleece
I combed the 263g of black fleece which was soon reduced to 133g of hand-combed top, a yield of 50.5%. I plied the singles together to make a Sport Weight 2ply yarn which is 133g/441m.
So that is all of the fleece used up to make these fabulous skeins of yarn.