Tuesday 26 March 2013

Alpaca - Amorcita

My third and final bag of Alpaca fleece from Aston Alpaca's was this pretty gingery brown from the fleece of girl Alpaca Amorcita, which is a Peruvian name and translates into English as "Little Love".


The total amount of fleece in the bags was 232g and after washing all the dust out I had 215g, 90g of which was "hair" and unsuitable for my spinning needs and so I made two pieces of felt with that.

The fleece which was nice and fine was long enough to put through my wool combs and I got 90g of lovely combed top to spin with.

I decided that I would make a 2ply yarn, spinning as fine as I could and I achieved an amazing 268m from my 90g and I am pretty impressed with how lovely and even my plying looks.


It took me a some time to decide what to make with this yarn but I went with a pretty lace edged shawlette, teaming the yarn with some size 8 Toho round seed beads in shade Silver Lined Milky Light Topaz both in the lace edging and on the tips of the picot cast off around the neck edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment