Saturday 23 June 2012

Merino/Silk Blend Rainbow

I bought some lovely little packs of fibre from an online shop called The Rainbow Room in her closing down sale.  This rainbow coloured pack contained 8 different lots which each contained 4 or 5 different colours of Merino along with Tussah Silk, all blended together.  All in all this is a 70% Merino/30% Tussah Silk blend.



I sorted the little fibre balls into rainbow order and spun them in one long single and then I had another go a navajo plying to keep the colours in the order in which they were spun so it would look like a rainbow rather than the colours barber polling. 


I managed to get 96m from 111g and its about a worsted weight yarn and its really soft and squishy.

I wanted to make something that would show off the colours and finally settled on this simple lace scarf.



No comments:

Post a Comment